Cosmetic dentistry is concerned with improving the appearance of your teeth and enhancing your smile. It primarily focuses on improvement of dental aesthetics in color, position, shape, size, alignment and overall smile appearance.
All cosmetic dentistry treatments improve the appearance of an individual’s teeth. Some can also restore function and/or improve oral health as well. Cosmetic dentistry treatments include:
- Teeth Whitening — A relatively inexpensive way to brighten your smile, we offer both in office and take home whitening.
- Composite Bonding — A tooth-colored composite resin attached to the teeth can improve the appearance and strength of chipped teeth. These procedures require very little preparation (drilling) of the tooth. Composite bonding can also be done to close small gaps in between teeth to make them look more aligned and aesthetically more pleasing.
- Porcelain & Composite Veneers — Designed to substitute for tooth enamel, veneers are hard, thin shells of tooth-colored material that can mask a variety of dental imperfections. Minimal tooth preparation (approximately .5mm) is done and impressions of your teeth are sent to the lab for veneer fabrication.Veneers are fabricated to match your tooth color, shape and giving your smile the ideal proportions.
- Porcelain Crowns — Grossly damaged teeth can be covered with natural-looking porcelain crowns, which replace more natural tooth structure than veneers.
- Porcelain Bridgework — A missing tooth can be replaced with porcelain bridgework that is attached to the natural teeth on either side of the space.